SMSF SETUP ADVISORS IN MELBOURNE
Klear Picture specializes Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) setup and administration for individuals and families around Melbourne, Australia.
If you are based in Melbourne and are looking to setup an SMSF, Klear Picture is the perfect firm to contact. We have integrated financial planning, accounting, finance and more in Melbourne ready to assist you in setting up an SMSF.
We have many clients all over Australia, especially Melbourne. Whether you're in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, South Melbourne, North or Western Melbourne, you can easily visit a Klear Picture SMSF specialist at 203/517 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
THE MELBOURNE SMSF SETUP SPECIALISTS
We love Melbourne and we are here to help you navigate through the minefield of setting up and running an SMSF.
Today, there are more than 1 million Australians who have made the decision to setup and run their own SMSF, which represents a combined asset value of more then $550 billion. One of the main motivation factors for the majority of these 1 million+ Australian's has been the desire for greater control over how their fund is invested and how it is managed.
Setting up and running a self-managed super fund (SMSF) gives you greater control over where your superannuation funds are invested. SMSF’s can also provide you access to a greater choice of investments such as direct shares and direct residential and commercial property investing, compared to managed superannuation funds, such as retail or industry funds.
When you become an SMSF trustee, you can invest in alternative assets such as artwork and practically any valuable asset. You can even purchase commercial property, such as a retail space or office and use that property in your business. Before you rush out and set up an SMSF because you’re so excited about the positives, you need to ask yourself three key questions:
- Are you willing to run it with all the responsibilities until your retire?
- Are you comfortable with making investment decisions?
- Do you have enough superannuation to cover the fees whilst still making positive returns?
Setting up and running a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) is not a minor financial decision that should be taken lightly. When it comes down to it, all the responsibility for running the fund and complying with legislation rests solely with you as the trustee of the fund.
While SMSFs have proven to be a great decision for some people, they certainly don’t suit everyone. When you think about it, prior to your setting up an SMSF, your fund was managed by an investment fund specialist, and you are taking over control of this.
CONSIDERING SETTING UP A SMSF?
Things you Melbourne-siders should consider before setting up an SMSF:
Managing your own superannuation, without professional help, takes time, knowledge, skill and money, so before deciding to set up an SMSF:
- Consider whether you have – Either, the time, knowledge and skill to manage your own super fund, or partnership with a professional services form like Klear Picture Financial Planning.
- Consider the costs to benefit ratio of running an SMSF with those of other retirement saving options and superannuation funds that may be more suitable to achieving your goals. Klear Picture will be able to assist you in assessing the benefits of setting up an SMSF.
- Ensure that you keep in mind the sole purpose test in setting up the fund. Ensure that it is solely created and run to pay retirement benefits to members or the members’ dependants if the members die.
- Check that you fully understand what’s involved (both costs and time) in managing your own SMSF and what it means to be a trustee.
An SMSF is just one strategy to manage your superannuation and save for your retirement. You should speak to an Klear Picture Wealth Planner who will help you consider other options before you make a final decision.
Disclaimer: This information has been prepared to provide you with general information only. It is not intended to take the place of professional advice and you should not take action on specific issues in reliance on this information. In preparing this information, Klear Picture did not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person. Before making an investment decision, you need to consider (with or without the assistance of an adviser) whether this information is appropriate to your needs, objectives and circumstances.